- 1/2 large onion, peeled, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon red Thai curry paste
- 1 15oz can pure pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger root
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled, chopped
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups full-fat coconut milk
- 2 slices of your favourite plain or whole-grain gluten-free bread, ripped into pieces*
- 1 tablespoon coconut palm sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- drizzle of coconut cream
- drizzle of sesame oil
- sprinkle of chili flakes
- sprinkle of pumpkin seeds
- Heat a pan over medium-high heat.
- Add in olive oil.
- Sauté onion, garlic, and ginger in olive oil until soft.
- Add tomato paste, red curry paste, pumpkin puree, vegetable broth, and coconut milk to the pan and stir until thoroughly heated through.
- Transfer soup mixture to a blender and add in lemon juice, sugar, salt, pepper, and the bread chunks.
- Blend on low and slowly increase to the highest setting and blend for 30 seconds to 1 minute on high or until completely smooth.
- Divide between 3-4 bowls and garnish each bowl with the optional garnishes.
Recipe and photo from nutritioninthekitch.com