You love challah. You love pizza. It might be time to combine these two cherished carbs together in one pan.
for The Nosher
- 1 pound prepared challah dough — any recipe you like
- 1 cup canned tomato sauce
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg, beaten for egg wash
- Italian seasoning + flaky sea salt for topping (optional)
Divide the challah dough into 8 pieces around 2.5 oz each. Roll into smooth balls.
Mix cheeses together in a bowl.
Spray a cast iron pan or other round 8-inch or 9-inch cake pan. Grease lightly with cooking spray.
Place challah dough balls evenly around the perimeter of the pan. Brush with egg wash and top with Italian seasoning and sea salt if desired.
Allow to rise another 20-30 minutes.
Spread half of the cheese mixture in the middle of the pan. Top with tomato sauce. Spread remaining cheese mixture on top. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese if desired.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 22-25 minutes, or until the challah is golden brown, and the pizza dip is oozing.
Allow to cool slightly before dipping.