This deliciously velvety soup is light but filling. The soup has a creamy texture due to the pureed cauliflower, but this soup is dairy free.
2 Heads Cauliflower (Cut Into Small/Medium Florets)
4 Garlic Cloves (Skin On)
2 Shallots (Cut In 1/2)
30 ml Olive Oil
3 Thyme Sprigs
Sea Salt & Black Pepper
1 litre Chicken Stock (1-1.5 Litres)
1 Squeeze Lemon Juice
Fresh Thyme (Stems Remove)
- In a large roasting pan add cauliflower, shallots, garlic and thyme
- Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil
- Roast at 375 F for 30-35 minutes
- Remove from the oven
- Squeeze out roasted garlic into a medium pot and add remaining pan ingredients (remove thyme sprigs)
- Add 4-4.4 cups (depending how thick you want it) of hot chicken stock to the pot, simmer for 10-15 mins until cauliflower is very soft.
- Puree using a hand blender, keep blending to get a really velvety soup.
- Add lemon juice and mix to combine
- Ladle into serving bowl and garnish with fresh thyme, a drizzle of truffle oil and fresh ground black pepper
- Recipe at HealthyFitBella