Hot days are here and Portland Parks & Recreation is here to help you stay cool. Please see below for information on park fountains (open now) and splash pads (turning on June 12!).
Info on park fountains and splash pads is online at portlandoregon.gov/parks/article/578662.
Interactive (water play) fountains
All six of Portland Parks & Recreation’s interactive park fountains are open RIGHT NOW for water play:
- Bill Naito Legacy Fountain (in Waterfront Park, by Saturday Market)
- Director Park’s Teachers Fountain (815 SW Park Avenue)
- Holladay Park Fountain (NE 11th Avenue and Holladay Street)
- Jamison Square (810 NW 11th Avenue)
- McCoy Park (N. Trenton Street and Newman Avenue)
- Salmon Street Springs Fountain (Waterfront Park, corner of SW Salmon Street)
Splash pads in neighborhood parks
Please know that park splash pads (the features in neighborhood parks) will be turned on the last day of Portland Public Schools – this year that date is June 12, 2019. Splash pads will be on from that time through Labor Day, 11 am-7 pm.
- Colonel Summers Park – SE 17th Avenue and Taylor Street
- Columbia Park and Annex– N Lombard Street and Woolsey Avenue
- Dawson Park– N Stanton Street and Williams Avenue
- Earl Boyles Park– east of SE 107th Avenue and Francis Street
- Elizabeth Caruthers Park– 3508 SW Moody Avenue
- Essex Park – SE 79th Avenue and Center Street
- Farragut Park– N Kerby Avenue and Farragut Street
- Fernhill Park– NE 37th Avenue and Ainsworth Street
- Gateway Discovery Park– 10520 NE Halsey Street
- Irving Park– NE 7th Avenue and Fremont Street
- Kenton Park – 8417 N Brandon Avenue
Khunamokwst Park – 5200 NE Alberta Street
- Luuwit View Park– NE 127th Avenue and Fremont Street
- Northgate Park – N Geneva Avenue and Fessenden Street
- Peninsula Park– 700 N Rosa Parks Way
- Pier Park– N Lombard Street and Bruce Avenue
- Raymond Park – SE 118th Avenue and Raymond Street
- Spring Garden Park– 3332 SW Spring Garden Street
- Woodlawn Park – NE 13th Avenue and Dekum Street
Free Open Play Swim Sessions – Summer Free For All
Come join our free swim sessions at PP&R pools this summer, part of #SFFA Summer Free For All and Title Sponsor Nike #madetoplay.
No registration is needed to stay cool at your nearby pool! Just check the website for dates and times for FREE open play swimming at Columbia, Creston, Grant, Montavilla, Peninsula, Pier and Sellwood Pools.
You can also check online info for PP&R pools and swim lessons at http://portlandoregon.gov/parks/aquatics