CertaPet published a study that focuses on seasonal depression in people and pets. We can conclude that Oregon is the #1 state where “dog depression” is googled the most and the search volume for this term reached a perfect 100! – Are dogs the most depressed in this area?
Seasonal depression can cause symptoms like low energy, sluggishness, or difficulty concentrating.
Key findings of the study:
- Oregon’s volume for the term “ Seasonal depression” was 30 – or #32 of all the states in the USA.
- Oregon’s volume for the term “ Seasonal affective disorder” was 32 – or #30 of all the states in the USA.
- SAD can mean weight gain, oversleeping, and feelings of hopelessness.
- Google searches of specific mental health conditions like anxiety and PTSD soared in 2020.
- Ohio’s search volume for the term “seasonal depression” was 100––the highest of all 50 states.
- Minnesota and Montana score 21.68 and 22.08 for the states with most susceptible to seasonal depression.
- The top states who experience wintertime blues are Ohio, Michigan, Maryland, Vermont, and Alaska.
- States with high average percentages of sunshine and low search volume of the term “seasonal depression,” are sunny states like Arizona, California, and Nevada.
- Insomnia, followed by ADHD are the most Googled mental health condition, top-searched in 20 states, predominantly in the Southeast, Southwest, & Northeast regions of the US.